Gender Equality Action Plan
There is a strong involvement of women in the ULTRAPLACAD project, taking leading roles like Project Manager, Exploitation Manager, Work Packages and Tasks Leaders. The project encourages not only the scientific women’s participation but also the equality between men and women. Main items of ULTRAPLACAD Gender Equality Action Plan (GEAP) are:
- To recruit female researchers at all levels to the project,
- To promote the involvement of women in this field of medical research
- To encourage young female researchers to pursue and continue their careers in science so that in future there will continue to be represented at PI level in this particular field of research.
- To set up a mentoring scheme that links ULTRAPLACAD young female scientists with role models outside the project to gain advice on long term career planning,
- To establish an internal network of female researchers in the project,
- To create a section dedicated to the promotion of gender equality within the project in the ULTRAPLACAD web site.
In this respect ULTRAPLACAD supports the European Union initiatives to promote gender equality and the work of the European Parliament’s Committee on Women’s Rights and Gender Equality. ULTRAPLACAD will adopt a Gender Equality Action Plan (GEAP) as a tool to encourage and awaken all partners to the gender issue, according to the European Commission Policy. Further information on the Gender Equality can be found here: